Monday, September 28, 2009


Grammy winner Wyclef Jean is going to college to further his education.

“I am enrolling in Berklee College in Boston to get my bachelor’s degree in music! That’s how important education is to me. I plan to work with Rev. Al Sharpton because that’s how important stressing the importance of education to children is to me,” the musician announced during the Congressional Black Caucus Phoenix Awards Dinner in Washington, DC on Saturday.

The former member of the hip-hop collective The Fugees was presented the George Collins Award for Community Service for his work as a Goodwill Ambassador to Haiti.

“I’m also not running for president of Haiti,” Jean emphasized during his speech, before adding: “Though I wish my uncle would.”

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online